Antitrust Correspondent – Brussels
Location: Brussels, Belgium
The Capitol Forum delivers investigative news and legal analysis of industry-defining competition policy issues to an influential subscriber base that includes investors, regulators, lawyers, and policymakers. By producing timely investigative journalism and exclusive analysis, we have become one of the fastest-growing, differentiated, and influential media companies in the United States.
POSITION AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
The Capitol Forum is looking for an experienced Senior Mergers & Acquisitions Correspondent to be based in the firm’s Brussels office and help lead and expand our European coverage. This a great opportunity to work with an established, well-connected team at a company that produces influential content for an audience that includes some of the world’s premier government and industry decision-makers.
As a member of a growing team of lawyers, reporters, and researchers, you will be expected to break key M&A news and produce articles on important merger and acquisition trends and developments. You will report on and make projections about cutting-edge antitrust situations that are at the forefront of the financial and legal news. The ideal candidate will have a long list of industry and government sources to report from. As we often work collaboratively in teams, you will also be expected to provide your input on other beats where appropriate.
To succeed in this role, you will need to:
- Break news on important mergers and acquisitions
- Conduct interviews with a range of sources, including business and legal experts, senior executives, and decision-makers
- Produce clear, concise, and useful written material for team members and subscribers
- Participate on conference calls and attend relevant outside events, such as Congressional hearings
- Interact and build relationships with various stakeholders, including the leadership team, staff, sources, and subscribers
- Degree: Bachelors/Masters/Juris Doctorate
- Experience: Five years of work experience in a media company/business news publication, or similar publication
- Interests: Exhibits a passion for investigative journalism as well as an interest in antitrust and business news
- Team Player: Ability to work independently and also collaborate with colleagues
- Creativity: Likes to brainstorm original ideas for coverage, possesses intellectual curiosity
- Professional demeanor: Takes pride in creating a polished product and displays a high level of attention to detail
- Writing style: Clear and succinct
- Time Management: Ability to write quickly and manage multiple deadlines and priorities
- Oral communication skills: Comfortable networking and interviewing M&A sources
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Pay will be commensurate with experience. The Capitol Forum provides our correspondents with a culture of learning, a passionate pursuit of the truth, influence over the issues covered, a team-oriented work environment, and access to a growing community of colleagues, sources, and readers. In addition, we offer:
- Health insurance coverage with company-funded HRA
- 401(k) plan
- Generous paid vacation plan
- Possible bonuses depending on a combination of factors, including quality of work and growth of the product
- Reasonable working hours and a commitment to a healthy work/life balance
- A casual but energized office culture
- Opportunity for advancement
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Due to the volume of applicants, we may not be able to reply to all applications, but we greatly appreciate your interest.
The Capitol Forum is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.