Chief Technology Officer – Washington, D.C.
Location: Washington, D.C.
The Capitol Forum delivers investigative news and legal analysis of industry-defining competition policy issues to an influential subscriber base that includes investors, regulators, lawyers, and policymakers. By producing timely investigative journalism and exclusive analysis, we have become one of the fastest-growing, differentiated, and influential media companies in the United States.
The Capitol Forum is looking for a Chief Technology Officer to be based in the firm’s Washington, D.C. office. Working closely with the CEO, this role will oversee all technical aspects and technological resources utilized by the firm. You will be responsible for developing the firm’s technological strategies as the company grows. Strategic thinking and strong business acumen are essential for this position.
To succeed in this role, you will need to:
- Manage all current technical aspects of the firm
- Develop and implement strategies for streamlining and improving our current technical assets
- Evaluate new technology and make recommendations on technological solutions
- Identify competitive advantages and technological trends that may benefit the firm
- Seek out opportunities for technical advancement for the firm
- Degree: Bachelors/Masters/MBA
- Experience: Previous work experience as a CTO in a media company or subscription-based business with a proven track record of success in leadership positions
- Professional demeanor: Ability to take initiative and complete tasks on an independent basis
- Interest: Exhibits a passion for the intersection of technology and journalism
- Team Player: Works well in a team environment and shows a willingness to collaborate with colleagues
- Enthusiasm: Driven, self-starting, high energy
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Pay will be commensurate with experience. The Capitol Forum provides its employees with a culture of learning, a passionate pursuit of the truth, a team-oriented work environment, and access to a growing community of colleagues, sources, and readers. In addition, we offer:
- Health insurance coverage with company-funded HRA
- 401(k) plan
- Generous paid vacation plan
- Possible bonuses depending on a combination of factors, including quality of work and growth of the product
- Reasonable working hours and a commitment to a healthy work/life balance
- A casual but energized office culture
- Opportunity for advancement
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of applicants, we may not be able to reply to all applications, but we greatly appreciate your interest.
The Capitol Forum is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.