Events Manager – Washington, D.C.
Location: Washington, D.C.
The Capitol Forum delivers investigative news and legal analysis of industry-defining competition policy issues to an influential subscriber base that includes investors, regulators, lawyers, and policymakers. By producing timely investigative journalism and exclusive analysis, we have become one of the fastest-growing, differentiated, and influential media companies in the United States.
POSITION AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
We are looking for an Events Manager to lead conference planning and assume responsibility for CLE accreditation applications, in addition to planning and executing small events for both employees and subscribers. One goal for the role will be to create and maintain a database that outlines CLE requirements for each state. A long-term goal for the position is to generate enough interest in events to sell tickets to non-subscribers.
The ideal candidate possesses at least 3-5 years of work experience and has demonstrated an ability to work in a fast-paced environment. This is a great opportunity to work with an established, well-connected team at a company that produces influential content for an audience that includes some of the world’s premier government and industry decision-makers.
To succeed in this role, you will need to:
- Collaborate with the Executive team and Director of Operations and other team members to plan & execute events
- Develop and maintain a database, organized by state, that details CLE requirements for important deadlines for application submissions and content approval
- Work with CLE accreditation boards to get CLE credit for all major conferences
- Complete all CLE requirements for events including materials, attendance sheets, etc.
- Market & publicize events to relevant audiences and keep track of interested non-subscribers
- Assume responsibility for our managing our weekly conference call series
- Plan internal team-building exercises
- Degree: Bachelors/Masters
- Experience: 3-5 years of experience (preferably in a firm environment) and familiarity with CLE application procedures and rules
- Analytical: Strong problem-solving skills
- Team Player: Works well in a team environment and shows a willingness to collaborate with colleagues
- Professional demeanor: Takes pride in creating a polished product and displays a high level of attention to detail
- Writing style: Clear and succinct, possesses strong editing skills
- Organizational skills: Maintain documents to track and update CLE requirements and conference applications
- Time Management: Ability to prioritize and manage multiple deadlines
- Oral communication skills: Comfortable interacting with the leadership team and staff
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Pay will be commensurate with experience. The Capitol Forum provides our team with a culture of learning, a passionate pursuit of the truth, influence over the issues covered, and access to a growing community of colleagues, sources, and readers. In addition, we offer:
- Health insurance coverage with company-funded HRA
- 401(k) plan
- Generous paid vacation plan
- Possible bonuses depending on a combination of factors, including quality of work and growth of the product
- Reasonable working hours and a commitment to a healthy work/life balance
- A casual but energized office culture
- Opportunity for advancement
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of applicants, we may not be able to reply to all applications, but we greatly appreciate your interest.
The Capitol Forum is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.