Director, Hedge Fund Sales – NYC
Location: New York City
The Capitol Forum delivers investigative news and legal analysis of industry-defining competition policy. Our influential subscriber base includes investors, regulators, lawyers, and policymakers. By producing timely investigative journalism and exclusive analysis, we have become one of the fastest-growing, differentiated, and influential media companies in the United States.
POSITION AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
The Capitol Forum is looking for a director of hedge fund sales to be based in the firm’s NY office. This role will be responsible for research and outreach to help the firm identify and close new opportunities. The ideal candidate will have several years of building relationships with people in the investment community, C-level executives and strategists, and/or senior-level partners at law firms.
The Capitol Forum focuses on selling into the investment and law firm community with a specific target on analysts, portfolio managers, and other research types. In terms of subscribers, the company works closely with firms that have an investment strategy in merger arbitrage, event driven, and short focused investors. An average day will include setting up meetings and/or calls throughout the day in New York, Connecticut, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, LA, or San Francisco with friends, contacts, and referrals.
To succeed in this role, you will need to:
- Work with our leaders in our sales team to execute the firm’s sales strategy by driving new clients and maintaining existing clients
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of The Capitol Forum’s product and ability to convey our offering to prospective clients
- Build and maintain prospective client lists
- Schedule meetings with new prospects
- Plan and coordinate events, such as idea lunches, dinners, and conferences, in New York, Boston, Chicago, and Washington, DC
- Degree: Bachelors/Masters
- Experience: Previous work experience in a sales or investor/client role at an investment bank or independent research provider; demonstrated relationship-building skills at the portfolio level
- Client-facing abilities: Comfortable discussing complex and nuanced content with clients/prospective clients on the phone; excels in both a cold calling and account management environment
- Professional demeanor: Ability to take initiative and complete tasks on an independent basis
- Interest: Exhibits a passion for the intersection of business and politics and has a strong interest in sales
- Team Player: Works well in a team environment and shows a willingness to collaborate with colleagues
- Enthusiasm: Driven, self-starting, high energy
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Pay will be commensurate with experience. The Capitol Forum provides our correspondents with a culture of learning, a passionate pursuit of the truth, influence over the issues covered, a team-oriented work environment, and access to a growing community of colleagues, sources, and readers. In addition, we offer:
- Health insurance coverage with company-funded HRA
- 401(k) plan
- Generous paid vacation plan
- Possible bonuses depending on a combination of factors, including quality of work and growth of the product
- Reasonable working hours and a commitment to a healthy work/life balance
- A casual but energized office culture
- Opportunity for advancement
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of applicants, we may not be able to reply to all applications, but we greatly appreciate your interest.
The Capitol Forum is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.