Director of Recruiting – Washington, D.C.
Location: Washington, D.C.
The Capitol Forum delivers investigative news and legal analysis of industry-defining competition policy issues to an influential subscriber base that includes investors, regulators, lawyers, and policymakers. By producing timely investigative journalism and exclusive analysis, we have become one of the fastest-growing, differentiated, and influential media companies in the United States.
POSITION AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
The Capitol Forum is looking for a Director of Recruiting to lead recruitment efforts and assist in manage existing employee operations. Reporting to the CEO, this role will involve spearheading specific recruitment for individual positions, keeping track of reporters who may be a good fit for the firm, and leading the interviewing and hiring process from start to finish. You will be responsible for on-boarding new employees and assuring they’re put in a position to succeed.
To succeed in this role, you will need to:
- Work closely with the CEO to drive recruitment
- Develop a database of reporters or professionals who would add value to the firm
- Spearhead the recruitment pipeline from start to finish
- Handle training and on-boarding of new employees and assist in managing administrative needs of current employees.
- Improve our recruitment practices and increase the number of high-quality applicants
- Institute industry best practices for recruiting
- Degree: Bachelors/Masters
- Experience: 3-5 years of experience (preferably in a firm environment) and familiarity with Washington, D.C. and New York employment law
- Analytical: Strong problem-solving skills
- Team Player: Works well in a team environment and shows a willingness to collaborate with colleagues
- Professional demeanor: Takes pride in creating a polished product and displays a high level of attention to detail
- Writing style: Clear and succinct
- Organizational skills: Maintain documents to track and update CLE requirements and conference applications
- Time Management: Ability to prioritize and manage multiple deadlines
- Oral communication skills: Comfortable interacting with the leadership team and staff
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Pay will be commensurate with experience. The Capitol Forum provides our team with a culture of learning, a passionate pursuit of the truth, and access to a growing community of colleagues, sources, and readers. In addition, we offer:
- Health insurance coverage with company-funded HRA
- 401(k) plan
- Generous paid vacation plan
- Possible bonuses depending on a combination of factors, including quality of work and growth of the product
- Reasonable working hours and a commitment to a healthy work/life balance
- A casual but energized office culture
- Opportunity for advancement
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of applicants, we may not be able to reply to all applications, but we greatly appreciate your interest.
The Capitol Forum is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.