Public Relations and Marketing Manager – Washington, D.C.
Location: Washington, D.C.
The Capitol Forum delivers investigative news and legal analysis of industry-defining competition policy. Our influential subscriber base includes investors, regulators, lawyers, and policymakers. By producing timely investigative journalism and exclusive analysis, we have become one of the fastest-growing, differentiated, and influential media companies in the United States.
POSITION AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
The Capitol Forum is looking for a PR and marketing manager to be based in the firm’s DC office. This a great opportunity to work with an established, well-connected team at a company that produces influential content for an audience that includes some of the world’s premier government and industry decision-makers. In this position, you’ll be leading proactive media campaigns for The Capitol Forum. This includes handling inbound public relations requests; developing and posting our messaging to our social media accounts; pitching and booking requests for our team to appear on television, radio, and other media outlets; creating promotional materials for events and various company needs; and managing related administrative duties.
To succeed in this role, you will need to:
- Engage with and understand our content and subscriber base
- Develop a rolodex of contacts for booking our team of reporters on various media outlets
- Create and share messaging around our products and offerings on social media
- Interact and build relationships with various stakeholders, including the leadership team, staff, sources, and subscribers
- Degree: Bachelors/Masters
- Experience: One to two years of work experience in a PR or law firm, government, media company/business news publication, or other fast-paced environment
- Interests: Exhibits a passion for journalism, social media, and/or public relations
- Team Player: Ability to work independently and also collaborate with colleagues
- Creativity: Likes to brainstorm original ideas for messaging and possesses intellectual curiosity
- Professional demeanor: Takes pride in creating a polished product and displays a high level of attention to detail
- Writing style: Clear and succinct
- Time Management: Ability to write quickly and manage multiple deadlines and priorities
- Preference: Experience and/or familiarity with using Adobe’s suite of tools and products, such as InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Pay will be commensurate with experience. The Capitol Forum provides our correspondents with a culture of learning, a passionate pursuit of the truth, influence over the issues covered, a team-oriented work environment, and access to a growing community of colleagues, sources, and readers. In addition, we offer:
- Health insurance coverage with company-funded HRA
- 401(k) plan
- Generous paid vacation plan
- Possible bonuses depending on a combination of factors, including quality of work and growth of the product
- Reasonable working hours and a commitment to a healthy work/life balance
- A casual but energized office culture
- Opportunity for advancement
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of applicants, we may not be able to reply to all applications, but we greatly appreciate your interest.
The Capitol Forum is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.