Sales Data Analyst – Washington, D.C.
Location: Washington, D.C.
The Capitol Forum delivers investigative news and legal analysis of industry-defining competition policy issues to an influential subscriber base that includes investors, regulators, lawyers, and policymakers. By producing timely investigative journalism and exclusive analysis, we have become one of the fastest-growing, differentiated, and influential media companies in the United States.
Position and Key Responsibilties
The Capitol Forum is looking for a Sales Data Analyst to be based in the firm’s Washington, D.C. office. Reporting to the CEO, this role will involve working closely with the Sales team to help manage CRM responsibilities, tracking interactions with subscribers, help with management of all subscribers, and generating actionable sales data reports for team members. The ideal candidate will have CRM and data analysis experience and is focused on sales and business development.
The Capitol Forum focuses on selling into the investment and law firm community with a specific target on analysts, portfolio managers, and other research types.
To succeed in this role, you will need to:
- Work closely with the Head of Sales and the Executive Team to execute the firm’s sales strategy by driving new clients and maintaining existing clients.
- Develop a CRM system that will provide data to give insights into our subscriber base.
- Analyze Customer Relations and Sales data and provide actionable reports on how to improve our lead generation and sales process.
- Interact and build relationships with potential and current subscribers.
- Degree: Bachelors/Masters
- Experience: Previous work experience in a Sales Data Analyst or CRM role; demonstrated data analysis skills; experience managing interactions with a paid subscriber base.
- Client-facing Abilities: Comfortable discussing complex and nuanced content with clients or prospective clients on the phone.
- Professional demeanor: Ability to take initiative and complete tasks on an independent basis.
- Interest: Exhibits a passion for the intersection of business and politics and has a strong interest in Sales and Business Development.
- Team Player: Works well in a team environment and shows a willingness to collaborate with colleagues.
- Enthusiasm: Driven, self-starting, high energy.
Compensation and Benefits
Pay will be commensurate with experience. The Capitol Forum provides our staff with a culture of learning, a passionate pursuit of the truth, a team-oriented work environment, and access to a growing community of colleagues and readers. In addition, we offer:
- Health insurance coverage with company-funded HRA
- 401(k) plan
- Generous paid vacation plan
- Possible bonuses depending on a combination of factors, including quality of work and growth of the product
- Reasonable working hours and a commitment to a healthy work/life balance
- A casual but energized office culture
- Opportunity for advancement
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of applicants, we may not be able to reply to all applications, but we greatly appreciate your interest.
The Capitol Forum is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.