The Capitol Forum is seeking a Marketing Manager to join our team. The position will report to the Chief Revenue Officer and will lead all aspects of marketing planning and execution. The ideal candidate will have 4-7 years’ experience in B2B marketing across multiple functions, including email, digital marketing, events and content; with a preference for experience marketing premium, subscription content to the legal or investment markets sectors.
The Capitol Forum is an independent media agency that delivers investigative news and legal analysis of industry-defining competition policy issues to an influential subscriber base that includes investors, regulators, lawyers, and policymakers.
By producing timely investigative journalism and exclusive analysis, we have become one of the fastest growing, differentiated, and influential media companies in the United States.
OBJECTIVES OF ROLE
- Increase awareness of the brand within defined target markets
- Generate leads for the Sales team in alignment with company growth goals
POSITION AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the development and execution of marketing plans and campaigns, with a focus on creating brand awareness and demand generation
- Define the messaging and tactics that will perform best with each of the target personas
- Develop and execute a plan for introducing the brand into new geographies upon market entry
- Oversee the company website to ensure it is regularly updated with fresh content, SEO optimized and is serving as a lead generation channel
- Develop email marketing plan for clients and prospects, with a focus on promotion of events and lead gen campaigns
- Create, post and manage content for the company’s social media accounts on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Support event logistics management and promotions (virtual and in-person) alongside the events coordinator
- Partner with Sales to identify new campaign opportunities and provide sales support tools
- Analyze campaign performance, competitive activity and changes in market dynamics
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in marketing, business, communications or related field
- 4-7 years B2B marketing experience
- Proven success in leading the development of marketing plans and campaigns
- Experience managing a website, preferably with WordPress
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, project management and communication skills
- Ability to identify clear objectives, goals and tactical plans for successful execution
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
Preferred skills and qualifications
- Previous experience working for a publisher or media company
- Previous experience marketing to the legal or investment market sector
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Pay will be commensurate with experience. The Capitol Forum provides its employees with a culture of learning, a passionate pursuit of the truth, a team-oriented work environment, and access to a growing community of colleagues, sources, and readers. In addition, we offer:
- Health insurance coverage with company-funded HRA
- 401(k) plan
- Generous paid vacation plan
- Reasonable working hours and a commitment to a healthy work/life balance
- A casual but energized corporate culture
- Opportunity for advancement
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Due to the volume of applicants, we may not be able to reply to all applications, but we greatly appreciate your interest.
The Capitol Forum is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.