The Capitol Forum is looking for an experienced, driven competition reporter to join our growing team. You will be expected to work with correspondents to break news and produce articles on relevant consumer protection and antitrust issues. You must possess a passion for the truth and willingness to go the extra mile. As we often work collaboratively in teams, you will also be expected to provide your input on other beats where appropriate.
The Capitol Forum is an independent media agency that delivers investigative news and legal analysis of industry-defining competition policy issues to an influential subscriber base that includes investors, regulators, lawyers, and policymakers.
By producing timely investigative journalism and exclusive analysis, we have become one of the fastest growing, differentiated, and influential media companies in the United States.
POSITION AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
To succeed in this role, you will need to:
- Produce clear, concise, and useful written material
- Work with correspondents to find sources and conduct interviews as necessary
- Acquire and review a variety of documents from government agencies and publicly traded companies, including annual and quarterly corporate filings
- Track a variety of government and industry calendars
- Participate on conference calls, interact with subscribers, and attend outside events
- Degree: Bachelors/Masters
- Preference for this candidate to be based in Brussels, but we are willing to interview qualified candidates who would be remote.
- Experience: Minimum of 2 years of internships and/or work experience
- Interests: Exhibits a passion for journalism and demonstrable interest in the intersection of business and the law, financial services, and/or consumer protection
- Team Player: Ability to work independently and also collaborate with colleagues
- Creativity: Likes to brainstorm original ideas and solutions, possesses intellectual curiosity
- Professional demeanor: Takes pride in creating a polished product and displays a high level of attention to detail
- Writing style: Clear and succinct
- Time Management: Ability to write quickly and manage multiple deadlines and priorities
- Oral communication skills: Comfortable interacting and building relationships with various stakeholders, including the leadership team, staff, sources, and subscribers
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Pay will be commensurate with experience. The Capitol Forum provides our correspondents with a culture of learning, a passionate pursuit of the truth, influence over the issues covered, a team-oriented work environment, and access to a growing community of colleagues, sources, and readers. In addition, we offer:
- Health insurance coverage with company-funded HRA
- 401(k) plan
- Generous paid vacation plan
- Possible bonuses depending on a combination of factors, including quality of work and growth of the product
- Reasonable working hours and a commitment to a healthy work/life balance
- Flexible, remote working environment
- Opportunity for advancement
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Due to the volume of applicants, we may not be able to reply to all applications, but we greatly appreciate your interest.
The Capitol Forum is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.