Antitrust reviews, legal events, and the development and implementation of government policy are complex, opaque processes. Nuances in law and markets can mean the difference between approval and litigation, between a quick decision and a contentious, lengthy review. Congressional legislation as well as the rulemaking and enforcement activities of other regulatory bodies can have targeted effects on individual companies and broader effects on the market dynamics of a given industry.
- Better understand the processes and approaches of the leading agencies.
- Stay up to date on innovative antitrust and other policy-related theories and enforcement actions.
- Develop insight on significant policy developments and other legal events.
- Train merger-arbitrage analysts and other members of the firm.
- Generate ideas for future investments and other business development opportunities.